Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Grammar Day! Look How Grammar Changes Everything.

March 4th was National Grammar Day in the U.S. of A and I just had to share my favourite example of how those pesky commas and full stops/periods can change the entire meaning of what you write. Not one WORD has been changed, just the placement of punctuation.
I wouldn't want to be John #2, let me tell ya. (Tee hee)
Enjoy.
Dear John Letter #1
Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we’re apart. I can be forever happy — will you let me be yours?
Dear John Letter #2
Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we’re apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,
Jane

1 comment:

  1. hilarious sarah. hopefully no one is so bad at grammer to make such mistakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?