Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year Decision Making

Happy New Year my lovelies!

December 31 2010 for me was filled with less potential death by drunken stampede in -16c weather in Edinburgh and more singlets and shorts, bean bags and camping chairs on the back deck as the 40c weather in Melbourne Australia slowly cooled to a balmy 20c. There was possibly one-million LESS people in attendance this year which was nice. And yes I'm talking LITERALLY one million people.
How was your New Years?

My resolution for 2011 is simple: To stress less. In 2010 I was a bit of a stress head and I vow to make 2011 much breezier.

That said, it is January 3rd and I am stressing. I took December off from writing, as a bit of a holiday, as a month where I didn't think to myself whenever I watched TV or goofed around "Hey - you've got work to do! You should be writing!" and knew that when January came I would crack the whip and get back to it.

But I have a problem, you see. What do I work on? The rewrite of a middle grade contemporary comedy with a spattering of magical realism or the first draft of that dystopian I've been itching to get stuck into?

At the moment they both feel huge and hard and overwhelming so I have been content seeing friends, visitng the fam, going to work and discovering fab new TV shows and books instead. I mean, technically I AM on my University holidays after all...

Sairz

4 comments:

  1. If you find the way to stress less, please share! Good luck with both projects---they sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the secret to it yet but I have the year to figure it out! I'll share any wisdom I garner with you Erin, don't you worry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people are just naturally stress heads and others are oh-so effortlessly casual, I totally love the resolution though - I often think to myself 'stop stressing you're wrecking it!'

    Sally

    PS: I think you should start on the book you are itching to get to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally - Yeah. I'm totes a natural stress-head. Though luckily I don't show it. Lol at "stop stressing you're wrecking it!" So. True.

    Sairz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?