Be the first to know about new releases - and even read them early!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Wow. NaNo's hard, man.

Yes, I'm at the very end of week 2, which is the week where you think your whole manuscript sucks, but still - it's a lot harder than I thought.

I'm pretty confident that I am not getting this story right. And I want to stop and tinker with it - I actually think I have some subplots that belong in a sequel, but I've already woven them into this one. And I'm getting myself all confused - do I continue? I pictured THIS scene a lot better in my head, whereas THIS scene came out fantastically...but it was supposed to be mostly blogs but the blogs are a bit of a side effect...

Hmm.
30 days is not enough time, and I know I'm not aiming for a masterpiece here, but I'm feeling the pressure to keep writing, regardless of whether it's shit or not. Because they say blue skies are coming. I'm going to stop thinking it's shit, in week 3. Actually, week 3 started 28 minutes ago, so technically, I should be thinking it's fantabulous right now. I'm 28,000 words in (28,007 to be precise) so I'm over the halfway mark with 13 days to go. But I don't WANT to write a sub-par novel, because the revision process will be a bloody nightmare.

The last book I wrote I did in a 6 week period, and I found that really good. Not nearly as stressful as this one is. I suppose cos the deadline wasn't hard and fast.
Who do I let down if I don't do 50,000 words? Just myself. And the shame, since I've told everyone I know I'm doing this. Which is sort of the point because it kicks you in the bum to reach 50,000 words.

I gotta keep going. I'm going to finish, but I don't know how happy I'm going to be with it. There's a lot of editing to do.
However, brighter skies are on their way.

Hmm.

Sairz

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I seriously do. Except when they're spam. I get a lot of spam here so, unfortunately, I had to add word verification to stamp that out. But I don't want to stamp out YOUR comment, so keep them coming, okay?